Are you having difficulty hearing? Are you experiencing hearing loss?
The reasons behind hearing loss vary and affect people of all ages. Your Pittsfield, MA, doctors can evaluate the type of hearing loss you're suffering from: sudden or gradual, in one ear or both, and if it's temporary or permanent. They'll also provide you with proper hearing aids.
How doctors evaluate a person's hearing?
- Hearing Aid Evaluations: A time for questions and discussion of expectations.
- Comprehensive Hearing Evaluations: Such as tinnitus evaluations
- Hearing Aid Checks: These are usually scheduled every six months.
- Hearing Aid Fittings: A time to orient to new hearing aid(s).
Pittsfield Hearing Aids
Hearing aids are designed to improve hearing. The goal is to create an overall better quality of life, especially when you're placed in a noisy place.
The hearing aids accomplish this amplification by making speech more intelligible, preserving nerve networks in the brain, and making communication less tiring.
There are a variety of hearing aids. Some more discreet than others, but you can choose whichever one is suitable for your lifestyle.
Here are a few:
- Receiver-in-canal: a hearing aid speaker that sits inside the ear canal with an electric wire that reduces audio distortion.
- Middle ear implant: a system implanted behind the eardrum There are multiple hearing aids.
- In-the-canal: a hearing aid that fits either partially or fully into the ear canal to reduce visibility.
- Behind-the-ear: a hearing aid that sits behind the ear.
- In-the-ear: a hearing aid held that covers the outer portion of the ear.
- Extended wear: a hearing aid placed worn for months inside the ear canal without being removed.
It's difficult to deal with hearing loss, but you don't have to be alone. The doctors at Pittsfield, MA, can help you deal with your hearing loss dilemmas and improve your way of life. To learn more about the different hearing aids, call (413) 443-6116.