Are you having difficulty hearing? Are you experiencing hearing loss?
Hearing loss is an ordeal many people have to live with, but you don't have to live through it alone. Your Ear Nose and Throat Specialist, Dr. Giulio Cavalli, in Pittsfield, MA, can help.
The reasons behind hearing loss vary in their causes and manifestations, and happens to people of all ages. About 17 percent (26 million) of American adults report suffering from some degree of hearing loss. it is important to understand how hearing works before discussing causes and treatments for hearing loss though.
Hearing loss may be:
- Sudden or gradual
- Occur in one or both ears
- Temporary or permanent
Treatments and Evaluations:
- Comprehensive hearing evaluations, such as tinnitus evaluations
- Hearing Aid Evaluations: A time for questions and discussion of expectations.
- Hearing Aid Fittings: A time to orient to new hearing aid(s).
- Hearing Aid Checks: These are usually scheduled every six months.
There are multiple hearing aids. Here are a few:
- Rechargeable hearing aids
- Android and i-phone compatible hearing aids
- Automatic programming for ease of use
- Discreet hearing aids in both custom and BTE styles
- Ability to remotely program hearing aids
- Aids suitable for patients with an active, casual or quiet lifestyle
Hearing aids are designed to improve hearing. The goal of amplifying sounds at specific frequencies where there's hearing loss can improve the overall quality of life, such as the listening environment, especially when you're placed in a noisy place.
The hearing aids accomplish this amplification by:
- Making speech more intelligible
- Making communication less tiring
- Preserving nerve networks in the brain
Hearing loss is difficult to deal with already, but you don't have to be alone. The doctor at Pittsfield, MA, Dr. Giulio Cavalli, can help you deal with your hearing loss dilemmas and improve your way of life. To learn and more, call (413) 443-6116 in Pittsfield, MA.