Posts for tag: hearing aid
Find out if a hearing aid is the correct option to treat your hearing issues.
Not all hearing loss is the same. Some people may realize that it’s harder to hear those around them in crowded locations while others may feel completely out of touch with what others are saying altogether. If you are missing out on life because of hearing issues then it’s time to find out whether you should talk to your Pittsfield ENT doctor Dr. Giulio Cavalli about a hearing aid.
Answer these questions regarding the state of your hearing:
- Do people seem to mumble or speak softer than they once did?
- Do you have to ask people to repeat themselves often?
- Do you have to turn up the volume on the radio or TV in order to hear it?
- Do you find it difficult to understand people on the phone?
- Do you feel like it takes a lot of effort to follow a conversation?
- Is it hard to hear people in louder environments like at a party or restaurant?
- Do you have to strain to hear people sometimes?
- Do you feel like you are missing out on what others around you are saying?
- Do you avoid social situations because you can’t hear others well?
- Do you find yourself becoming irritable or withdrawn?
If you answered yes to the majority of these questions then it’s time you decided to get a hearing test from your ear, nose & throat doctor in Pittsfield. Through this fast and non-invasive test we can determine the extent of your hearing loss to help you decide which type of hearing aid is right for you. The sooner you opt for a hearing aid the easier and faster it will be to adjust to your new device.
What a Hearing Aid Can Do
The purpose of a hearing aid is to amplify sound so that you can hear better. By wearing your hearing aid, softer sounds will become audible and normal everyday conversation will become easier.
Hearing aids also improve a person’s ability to understand conversations that were otherwise not audible before this device. How much your hearing aid improves your ability to understand speech will depend on the severity of your hearing loss and how noisy your surroundings are.
Ready to enjoy understanding those around you better? If so, then the next step is to schedule an appointment at our ENT office in Pittsfield, MA. Let Giulio Cavalli Medical help you hear better for the long term.