Are You Considering Hearing Aids?
Hearing Aids in Pittsfield, MA
According to the National Institute on Deafness and Other Communication Disorders (NIDCD), approximately 20 percent of Americans (48 million people) report suffering from some degree of hearing loss. Depending on the type, cause, and severity of this hearing loss, hearing aids can improve the quality of life by making it easier for people to communicate. If you are looking to counteract your hearing impairments, the specialists at Giulio Cavalli Medical in Pittsfield, MA, offer a range of diagnostic and treatment options to help you!
Hearing Aids from our Pittsfield, MA Office
Hearing aid devices use microphones and speakers to help amplify sounds so that people with hearing loss can participate in conversations and hear what is happening in their surroundings. There are different types of hearing aids available, which have been modernized and improved thanks to digital technology.
Choosing a Hearing Aid
Hearing aids come in a variety of different styles and contain many features. What features your hearing aid comes with will most likely increase the price of the item. When you begin pricing out hearing aids and shopping around you need to consider more than just the price of the hearing aid itself. Also keep in mind the cost of the warranty, any upgrades you may want to consider in the future, as well as maintenance and repair costs.
Another more obvious factor to consider is the severity and type of hearing loss you have, as this will dictate which hearing aid styles will work best for you. If you suffer from hearing loss in both ears you may want to consider getting two hearing aids.
There are several different styles of hearing aids available:
- Behind-the-ear: a hearing aid held within a case that sits behind the ear.
- In-the-ear: a hearing aid held within a case that covers the outer portion of the ear.
- In-the-canal: a hearing aid that fits either partially or fully into the ear canal so it’s less visible.
- Receiver-in-canal: Similar to the behind-the-ear aids, the aid speaker sits inside the ear canal and an electrical wire is used to reduce distortion.
- Extended wear: These aids are placed inside the ear canal and worn for months on end without being removed. They are ideal for active individuals.
- Middle ear implant: This system is implanted behind the eardrum and if often ideal for patients who can’t use hearing aids or aren’t happy with other hearing aid styles.
Hear more clearly today, learn more about the hearing aids we offer at Giulio Cavalli Medical in Pittsfield, MA. Call us today to schedule an appointment at (413) 443-6116!